top of page

Candle Care

Hey! We want to ensure that you experience the full burning and scent potential of your candles. Follow the below guidelines to properly care for your candles while also maintaining important safety measures. Happy Burning!

1. First Burn

The first burn is as important as first love. Just joking!!

On the first use, burn your candle for at least 2-3 hours, or long enough to fully melt the top layer of wax evenly across the entire surface, creating what is known as a full ‘melt pool’. This prevents tunneling and makes the candle last longer! The first burn is the most important as it sets the candle’s ‘memory’ in the wax, which becomes the foundation for how the rest of the candle will burn. If the candle is not burned properly the first time, it will start to ‘tunnel’ for the rest of its life and no one wants to waste its newly lit candles!

Tunneling is when the center of the candle burns up to its ‘memory ring’ (or where it stopped melting to) causing uneven burns and leaving wasted wax on the outer rim.

2. Trim Wick

Trim the wick before every burn. We recommend a length of 3mm – 5mm. You should regularly trim the wicks of your candles to ensure a crisp burn. Untrimmed wicks will emit carbon (black soothing smoke) or cause over-burning and even discoloration. You can use wick trimmers, nail clippers.

-If the wick is too long, it will cause soothing and over-burning of the wax (causing the candle to burn at a faster rate). If your flame is dancing vigorously while having constant black smoke, this is a sign that your wick is too long and needs trimming.

-If the wick is too short, it may not light and even get drowned in the melted wax. If you are experiencing a weak flame, blow out the candle and pour out some of the melted wax (or even use a tissue to soak up the wax) to expose more of the wick.

3. Safety Tips

Do not burn your candle for longer than 3 hours at a time and stop burning when 1/2 inch of the wax remains. This prevents the jar from overheating!

  • Keep your candle free of all foreign objects to prevent fire hazards.

  • Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans.

  • Place your candle on a flat, heat-resistant surface and keep away from children or pets.

  • Always store your candle in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight.

  • ALWAYS burn your candles in sight and never leave a burning candle unattended.

  • Be cautious when extinguishing the flame - use a candle snuffer to prevent the splashing of the wax.

  • Allow the container and wax to cool completely before touching or moving.

bottom of page